Be sure to check out my book writing blog, where you
can check out my books and short stories, here:

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Total Disaster

Today was the worst day ever.  The worst thing that could happen to an e-writer like me, happened.  I lost my book.  Get this, you won’t believe it.  I was on the last few paragraphs of my book.  Literally.  I had proofed it, edited it three times and got the cover done.  It was LA Ninja II.  My best work so far.  And poof!  It’s gone –not totally, but pretty big time.

Sigh…I’ve had a couple of cocktails tonight, in what should have been celebratory, but is now for condolence.  It sucks so bad.  I lost at least a month of work.  Luckily, I have a backup on CD from February, so I’m not totally Fubar, but it’s still bad.  I have to go back and rewrite what happens.  Maybe I have a chance to better the story and improve it, you might think, but I don’t see it that way.  It was perfect to me.  I had it right.  The story was money.

I truly don’t know how to explain things like this.  From a purely technical standpoint, what happened was mere probability.  I’ve lost things before.  Honestly though, as computers and programs progress, the probability of this type of disaster dwindles.  I trusted too much.  I knew better, too, which was why I had a backup to begin with, but I got sloppy towards the end.  I had my eye on the finish line and I got careless.  Fuck.  That’s all I can say.  Fuck.

Sigh…again.  Anyhow, that’s mostly why I haven’t posted much lately.  I’ve been rocking that shit out.  It was awesome, and now I have to go back.  I guess it’s like running a marathon and just before the finish line, you realize that you have to go back 6 miles and change your shoes and finish the race.  Or maybe, you go through a pregnancy, and go through the birth and just before you get to see the crazy love child’s face for the first time, God puts you back at month 7.  I don’t know.  That’s the best I can come up with at this moment. 

I will make sense of this disaster and report it out soon.  See y’all later, and I hope you’re having better luck than me. Peace out.  -A

No comments:

Post a Comment