Be sure to check out my book writing blog, where you
can check out my books and short stories, here:

Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Nervous About Ninjas...

Firstly, I want to mention that I was able to recover most of LA Ninja II: Rise of the Cartel.  I did lose a lot of work, but I’m going back through it now.  Those are the breaks, I guess.  I don’t know how else to look at it.  It totally fucking sucks that it happened, but since I do not possess a magic portal that could take me into the past to change things, then there’s nothing I can do.  If I did have one, I wouldn’t go back to that point anyways.  I’d go way back and change a whole lot of shit.  It’s stupid to think about, and it’s a waste of time, but I always think about things I’d change if I had a time machine.  But enough of that crap. 

Secondly, I saw a trailer for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie.  I remember being a youngin’ when the first movie came out, way back when, and I thought it was cool at the time.  As lame as the kids today might think it is, at that time, the filmmaking of TMNT was cutting edge. 

As a ninja fan and a writer of two ninja books, it is both exciting and nervous for me to know that this movie is coming out.  I hope that it generates interest in the ninja genre, which may also bring new readers to my stories.  I am hopeful and excited for that.  But I’m nervous too.  What if TMNT generates a new spawn of movies of this genre?  What if my story gets remade or told in some version close to mine without it actually being mine?  In other words, what if I’m left out to dry?

I guess that is the risk and also the way things go.  The truth is that my LA Ninja stories will probably never reach a large scale audience, which in my opinion would suck.  I love LA Ninja.  The story is so gripping to me, and it is one that I’d love to see made into a screenplay and movie.  It is a movie I’d love to see.  Fucking eh it is!  And as far as that goes, the novel itself continues to be read by many, and even though only a few reviews exist, they are all positive ones.  That counts for a lot, and even if we don’t make it to the big time with our tale, at least a few others out there have shared in the story with me.  Thanks to all of you!  -Adrian


PS.  Oh, by the way, if anyone is interested in taking a stab at writing LA Ninja into a screenplay with me, please let me know.  I’ve never written one, and although I think I can cut one out, I am so entrenched in the other projects I have going on.  Since I don’t have endless time, that means I have to prioritize, which means new novels receive precedence.  Anyhow, let me know if you’re out there and wanna a piece of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment